“Drink your way to better health…. Drink Water“
Dehydration is known to cause fatigue, headaches the inability to concentrate, constipation etc.
As you can imagine not drinking enough water, especially for an extended period of time, can be detrimental to your health which in turn affects your ability to concentrate and do things effectively – such as work towards your goals.
There have been many times through the years when I would feel horrible and I would be like what the heck is wrong with me … and then I would remember that I was not drinking enough water. The minute I guzzled down some water – I would notice the difference in how I felt almost immediate – my feeling like cramp symptoms would diminish…
3 Crucial Reasons you should drink water
- Water is one of the most crucial elements of survival – Our bodies are composed of about 55 – 75% water (depending on age) we would only survive several days without water.
2. Water aides out digestive system – I’ve read an analogy in the past that our colons are much like a plumbing system, when you think of it in this way and what happens when our plumbing gets clogged up 😳 Imagine what happens to our bodies – No further comments need.
3. We all know it is important to move our bodies … well guess what hydration goes hand in hand – water is needed in order to perform optimally. It lubricates our joints, regulates our body temperature and ensures the nutrients we take in are transporting throughout our bodies.
How to increase your water intake
- Buy a water bottle that you do not have to fill up every hour – I show a picture below of my favorite water bottle. I started with a 24 ounce water bottle, moved up to 40 and now am using a Gallon. My favorite water bottle: Click Here
- Determine your intake needs – there’s a lot of information out there right now causing confusion – the most popular at the moment is advising people to drank 1/2 a persons body weight in ounces – so for example if you weighed 200 lbs you would drink 100 ounces. I will let you be the judge.
- Since I am not a nutritionist or a doctor I will drop this link right here for you to read more on the recommended water intake. My motto is – do what feels right for you. I personally like to drink as much as I can because I feel my best when I do ( and my skin thanks me for it!)
- Work on building better habits – good habits and systems are the key to accomplishing any goal small or big. Continue reading to see how you can join me on a challenge I have coming up soon …